Welcome!

So very nice of you to stop by! What a fun and challenging hobby to have!

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
- Irish Blessing

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Versatile Blogger


Thank you! I am pleased to accept this award from Marie! A big thank you to her...I LOVE going to her blog and getting inspriation! She has wonderful ideas and does beautiful work!

I need to list 7 things about myself and then send the wonderful award on to bloggers that have inspired me. 

7  Things About Myself:

1.I  thoroughly enjoy  travel. In factI  am leaving at the end of the month for a week in Ireland. It will be such fun.

2.  I taught first grade for 37 years... but I love being retired! I find this chapter of my life full and exciting! I do enjoy getting up each day.

3. I love do all different kinds of craft things -- cardmaking is my favorite, but I also scrapbook and already have the supplies for the Ireland scrapbook! I also needlepoint, knit, make paper projects to name just a few.

4. I enjoy working with flowers and am looking forward to being able to soon plant the flowers outside and watch them grow and listen to the birds sing. The idea of open windows is wonderful!

5. My favorite pets are cats. I have 2 who are wonderful companions...they are good travelers as well and great lap kitties. Ginger is the color of ginger and Snickers looks like a snickers candy bar! Snickers has food allergies so she has to be very careful what she eats and Ginger will eat most anything. After staying at my sister's for her "vacation" while I was gone....she fell in LOVE with treats and NOW has to have them all the time...also a glass of water in the shower!

6. I enjoy entering card making challenges and always eagerly look to see if my name is drawn. I have been lucky enough to have a couple of wins....but would SO love more!!!! I find that I can get great ideas by trying these different challenges because it makes me think outside the box.

7. I enjoy learning new techniques and it would be very exciting to be a guest designer. I LOVE shopping and looking at all of the stamping tools/stamps/products. WHAT fun!!! I find it to be a most enjoyable hobby. I have made several cardsets as gifts and enjoy coming up with gift ideas.

 

1 comment:

  1. You soooo deserve this award Barbara! You have a great site. I just loved the opportunity to get to know you better. I just wish I could fit in your suitcase for that trip to Ireland! We definitely
    want to see some pictures from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete