How nice of Janeen to send this award out!!!
Now I need to tell you 8 things about myself!
1. I am a retired first grade teacher of 37 years. I loved working and teaching 6 and 7 year olds and thoroughly enjoyed my teaching experience...but am glad to have turned the page in my next chapter of life!
2. I LOVE to travel. My next big trip planned is to Ireland. My niece and I are going to complete our visit to this country in March. We went last March and saw part of the country and hope to see the rest this time!
3. I am so excited that one of my very best friends will be moving back to my area. We are looking forward to many wonderful times as we are both retired and have time to do those "bucket list" things!
4. I LOVE to be creative and work with stamps, cards, scrapbooking, making jewelry to name just a few. I also enjoy knitting and am always busy with a knitting project. Right now I am working on an afghan that I am designing using different stitch patterns.
5. I really enjoy taking pictures and when I go on my travels I take LOTS of pictures! Usually I will make a digital book for the people I travel with and also make a scrapbook for myself. I have been known to also scrapbook a book for them too...BUT since I discovered digital...it is LOTS quicker!
6. My family comes to my house for Thanksgiving. It has become the Fall tradition and is a great way for the family to gather together and catch up on all of the happenings. My house is small but we make it work! I have one brother and one sister both who have 2 children who have 2 children (except one who has none) and that means LOTS of people in my house. We started using paper plates the year I dislocated my shoulder the day before Thanksgiving while putting up a bulletin board at school! I slipped off a chair, landed on the shoulder, dislocated it and spent the afternoon in Urgent Care getting fixed up! My sister and husband drove over by 7 am Thanksgiving morning to get the turkey in the oven!! YUP!!! We had Thanksgiving!
7. I have 2 adorable cats who keep me company. They each have their own unique personalities. Snickers is the alpha kitty and assumes the I am in charge position while Ginger is the talker. She talks away with me...and sometimes I KNOW she knows what I'm asking her...she can do what I tell her to do at times and it is truly like she understands!!! I'm sure it is just by chance..but??? Makes you wonder!!
8. I enjoy life...what it has to offer...have good friends...good family...good times...and am very content and happy with where things are at. I like what I'm doing....what my choices are...and am pleased with how things are....I am enjoying life and am thankful for what I have!