There are three things one must do to accept this "Sweet" award.
- Thank the person who nominated you for this wonderful award and make a link to their blog.
- Name 7 random things about yourself.
- Pass this award on to 8 wonderful cyber friends.
This is a special thank you to Marie....I greatly appreciate your stopping by and honoring me with this blog award...HOW thoughtful, kind of you....and it makes me so HAPPY to know someone stops by and visits my blog! I LOVE to create and see what I can come up with...and so nice to know someone enjoys looking at it!
|Thanks Marie and Hugs to you!|
The Joy of Cards
- I love to travel and enjoyed my second trip to Ireland this past spring with my niece. We had a great time and saw sites we hadn't seen before and enjoyed BEAUTIFUL weather! I HOPE she wants to go on another trip next year! I also have a best friend not far from where I live who loves to take jaunts and we have been having a wonderful time this summer jaunting around Wisconsin to places we hadn't been before. WHAT fun!
- I just had my patio redone with a wonderful deck and wrap around steps and then new landscaping done. I LOVE it and have enjoyed sitting out on the patio so much more so far this summer! The plants and flowers are blooming and the birds are singing! MOST relaxing ... and such a nice place to bar-b-que!
- I am retired after 37 years of teaching first graders. I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the children. It was a very rewarding career. Unfortunately times have certainly changed and right now education in Wisconsin is NOT the place to be. We have government at its worst and they have inflicted horrible attitudes toward teaching presently. They fail to realize that if some teachers hadn't taken the time to care and teach them they would NOT be where they are today! Hopefully new elections will take care of this....but it will take LOTS of rebuilding of trust!
- I had my first cards published this month! THAT was exciting!!! It was in Scrapbook News and Review online and included two 4th of July cards and one anniversary card. IT is mighty exciting to receive that notification!
- I have met some of the nicest, friendliest, creative people online doing stamp activities. IT is so much fun getting to know people and receiving inspiration from their creations. I thoroughly enjoy checking out all of the "news" on these spots! Thanks to all of you!
- I found a NEW knitting project to do -- making dishcloths out of Sugar 'n Cream and Peaches 'n Cream yarn. What fun! AND you complete them quickly -- usually in a night or two! Guess what people are going to get for Christmas??? HMMM?? The last one I made would make a PERFECT pattern for placemats...hmmm?? Another idea perhaps?
- I enjoy shopping, visiting new and old places, watching movies, listening to music, organizing rooms (just redid my living room and LOVE it!), reading, playing with my 2 kitties, crafting, keeping busy. I am so enjoying retirement and always can find something to keep me busy. I am delighted to say yes...I am retired and I have turned the page into this next chapter of life and am finding it is an exciting place to be!
And next to pass this honor on to 8 cyber friends....
- Vicki at All I Do Is Stamp
- Geri at Geri's Cards
- Carla at Carla's Stamping Spot
- Janeen a A Little Bit of This and That
- Linda at paynehollercards
- Selma at Selma's Stamping Corner
- Olga at Craftieodamae
- Joan at Joan's Gardens