Welcome!

So very nice of you to stop by! What a fun and challenging hobby to have!

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
- Irish Blessing

Monday, October 24, 2011

Candles

This was an inspiration from the Mark's Finest Papers Speedy the Cat's Blog 12 Days of Christmas Hop.
(You can find the 12 days of BLog hop here)

This is for Speedy the Cat's Altered Item Challenge #78.  (Here is the website for the challenge)

To stamp on a candle!?!?!  I have to admit I honestly didn't know HOW or IF it would work....and was absolutely amazed to find that it NOT only worked...BUT was very quick and easy! Amazing!!!! I am not really sure how safe it would be to burn though so I opted to try it first of all on a battery operated tea votive...then did do it on a short pillar candle. I think I would still opt to use the battery operated as I think it would be the safest to burn!

BUT...easy to do...I stamped with MFP Ginger Cookies with Cocoa Memento ink on tissue paper. The sentiment was also from MFP Ginger Cookies with Cottage Ivy Memento ink on tissue paper.  Cut out around it leaving an edge...then laid it where I wanted it on the votive outside...took a piece of wax paper and wrapped it over it and rolled it tight to the back of the votive so I could hold it flat...used my heat gun until it melted...and it melted right into the wax...doesn't take long! Then when it cooled I used some Bic Markers and a glitter marker to add a little color.

                                                        



Then I decided to also try it on a pillar candle. This time I used MFP Cardinals in Winter and stamped the cardinal part with Ladybug Red Memento Ink and the leaves with Cottage Ivy Memento. Followed the same procedure with the wax paper...and here it is!

Here they both are.
This could be a great holiday gift!





6 comments:

  1. Barb--these are fantastic stamped candles!!! Don't know which one I like best! Cant' choose. Thanks for playing along with us this week with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. It's nice to know you can add things after the image is on the candle. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. these would make awesome gifts!!!!! You really did a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed with the gorgeous candles. A technique I haven't tried but plan to this year. They do make wonderful gifts. Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the candy draw. "hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  5. they turned out so cute! definitely wonderful gifts

    thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara your candles came out great!!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete