Welcome!

So very nice of you to stop by! What a fun and challenging hobby to have!

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
- Irish Blessing

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanks to our military

This is for the For Fun Challenges Wed.,  Nov. 9 - Tues., Nov. 15.

The challenge is to create a thank you card for the military using stamps...no sponsor this week...but a good worthwhile challenge! Thank you to all of those men and women who are devoting their lives for freedom.  Here is the website

I thought and thought about what kind of card I wanted to do...finally looked in my 4th of July box of goodies and lo and behold LOTS of patriotic there! DUH? Took me long enough to think of that!! Anyway...I found treasures!

First used white CS from GKD and some Best Creative dp. Then stamped with Great Impressions stamp #E343 with the mouse and the flag and rocket...colored with Copics and Sakura glitter pens and diecut with Spellbinders stars. I sponged the edges with Distress Worn Lipstick. The thank yous were from Outlines and colored with Sakura glitter pens, sponged with Distress Inks Worn Lipstick  and Stormy Sky, and Spellbinder diecuts with stars. I added a couple of star brads and a flag button and some ribbon from Paper Studio. The microdots are by Around the Block.

The inside sentiment was computer generated from the OWH site and was a freebie and cut out some dp paper and added some microdots...and Thank You Hero is done! The service people do make us proud!!! A job well done!!!

This is my last challenge as guest designer with For Fun Challenges. It has been great and I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to be "creative" with the team! It is a great spot to be at and I will keep looking at all of these challenges and see what I can come up with!!! A big thank you to Helen and Kathy for being great people to work with!! Thank you ladies!!

Front

Inside

1 comment:

  1. As I said before this is super cute. Like the dots in the corners on the inside. love how you are able to match this and that and come out with a beautiful card. It has been a blast this month.

    ReplyDelete